Sign In to Your Criterion® Account
The Criterion® Online Writing Evaluation service from ETS is a web-based instructional writing tool that helps students, plan, write and revise their essays guided by instant diagnostic feedback and a Criterion score.
- Students: Have more opportunities to practice writing at their own pace, get immediate feedback and revise essays based on the feedback.
- Teachers: Can decrease their workload and free up time to concentrate on the content of students’ work and teach higher level writing skills.
- Administrators: Can make data driven decisions and easily monitor writing performance across and classroom writing performance
- You will need an access code from your Administrator or Instructor to create an account.
- If you used Criterion with a previous institution or class, please sign in with that user name and password. There is no need to create a new account.
By logging in, subscriber agrees that the privacy of student and instructor information, essays, and score data are the responsibility of the instructor and client institution. Student and instructor names, user identification, passwords, essays, and score data are maintained by ETS on a secure server. ETS does not disseminate student or instructor information and it is only accessible to the instructor, designated Subscriber Administrator, and ETS Account Manager. The Subscriber acknowledges that prior to using Criterion, said Subscriber is obligated to obtain any written parental consent that may be required in accordance with COPPA, Section 6502.